Thursday, May 5, 2016

Aidells Hawaiian Teriyaki Meatballs




(This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Aidells. The opinions and text are all mine.)


Not many people may know this about me but I am part Asian. My mother is full Japanese and I actually lived in Japan for about 10 years. I even spoke it fluently at one point. But it has been many, many years since I have been back and I sometimes miss eating the food there.

Every once in a while I will get in the kitchen and whip up something with a bit of Asian flair to it. Today it was Hawaiian Teriyaki Meatballs. It was a super busy day for me in our homeschool and working online so I wanted something easy to work with. I am glad this recipe was so simple to make!

I was already at Meijer buying some gifts for Little Isabella's birthday that is this weekend so I decided to pick up some Aidells®) Teriyaki & Pineapple All Natural Chicken Meatballs. I had already tried the Aidells links and liked them so I decided to give these a whirl.





What I really like about these are that they:

are gluten-free
do not contain nitrites
do not contain any added hormones


I thought you would like to know that since I know that many of you are trying to be more health conscious these days.



And in case you didn't know and wanted to try them, right now Meijer is having a special mPerks Aidells offer of $1/1 on the mPerks coupon portal running from 5/1 through 5/28. They were also in stores on May 1 sharing in-store demonstrations.










These are the simple ingredients I used for dinner:






Hawaiian Teriyaki Meatballs Recipe

- 1/2 onion sliced
- Adeills All Natural Chicken Teriyaki and Pineapple Meatballs
- 1/2 of green, orange, yellow and red peppers sliced
- 1 large jar teriyaki sauce
- 1 bag raw cashews
-1 bag brown rice
- coconut oil (not pictured)







Directions:

1. Fry up sliced up peppers and onions in coconut oil like pictured above.  Then add pineapples and cashews and heat through.

2. Add meatballs and teriyaki sauce and heat up for 8-12 minutes. They are fully cooked so they are super quick!

3. Cook brown rice according to package.

3. Spoon meatball mixture over brown rice when done and serve hot.








My kids couldn't wait to dig in and when they did they exclaimed, "Mmmmm, this is SOOOO good!". I am so glad this dish is a crowd-pleaser because everyone knows that it can be tough to please everyone in a large family of eleven and this one sure delivers!

I loved how simple it was to make them and the great taste and real, handpicked ingredients that tasted bold and unique were definitely a plus.

Hospitality tip - These would be great to keep in the slow cooker when guests come over as they don't require much fuss or time and children enjoy them too. 

If you liked this recipe you might also want to check out Aidells Teriyaki Meatballs with Udon Noodles. It looks yummy!








I hope you enjoy this recipe!






*I was recently asked by Aidells® to create share some tips using their new product and I hope it was a blessing to you! This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Aidells. The opinions and text are all mine.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

We'd Love for You to Stay in Touch!

Join our Wise Woman Builds Titus 2 FB Group! Just click the banner below: