Friday, August 25, 2017

Our Visit to the County Fair!




We love to go out together as a family and make family memories. I remember growing up going to festivals and events and just how fun they were. My parents and I didn't go out as much as we do, but I still cherish those memories when we did.  So now I always try to plan something special to do at least once a month for us. Especially during the school year--I like to count those outings as field trips!

This year was even more special because Bella is now three! She knows all the animals and sounds of them and we let her have her first pony ride there. She was SOOO excited to ride Winnie, a friendly little white pony, and was bursting at the seams with happiness when we put her on top of him. I think my other kids enjoy going especially for the funnel cakes and rides.

Here are a few pictures of that day:




If any of you know me you know that I love disaster movies--especially ones that have tornadoes in them. So I had to take a picture of this 4-H exhibit with tornado, I had never seen anyone make one before and I think they did a great job!



Yes, I love checking out these miniature models of farms and what not--they are so cute!




My boys love legos and were impressed with this ship above. 




I enjoy seeing all the simple ideas for craft projects like these little cupcake wrapper turtles.
So easy and fun for the little kids!




Another highlight every year is this pig with all her piglets---Bella thought they were the cutest things and couldn't get over them. Here is a bit about them:







We got to watch some eggs hatch and baby chicks make their grand entrance.








I thought these were neat--theses beans are called "Dragon Tongue", needless to say my boys want to plant them next year just because the name sounds cool.



Hehe--they had a Freak Vegetable category and this one was named "The Root of All Evil"




There is so much tedious work that goes into quilts and every year they have a beautiful assortment. This one caught my eye because of all the color--imagine the hours it took to make this!



I used to have a little dress like this for my third daughter that we took her to church in and always would put her in little baby bonnets like the one above. I miss those days! For Isabella we like to put large flowers in her hair because her middle name is Rose and her name means 'Beautiful Flower'.




We hope you enjoyed our pictures!

Do you visit your local fair?





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You for sharing your visit to the county fair.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the day at the County Fair. Isabella is a beautiful flower!.
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Thank You for sharing.
Marion

June Fuentes @ A Wise Woman Builds Her Home said...

Dear Joan,

Glad you enjoyed them and hope you stop by again!

June Fuentes @ A Wise Woman Builds Her Home said...

Dear Marilyn,

Awww--thanks so much! We love her to pieces!

June Fuentes @ A Wise Woman Builds Her Home said...

Dear Marion,

I am so glad you enjoyed them and visit us again soon!

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

We'd Love for You to Stay in Touch!

Join our Wise Woman Builds Titus 2 FB Group! Just click the banner below: